When matching jobs with resumes and vice-versa it is very important to correctly qualify the ‘seniority’ of each job and of each candidate.
This document outlines the rules – both for the analysis and for the matching – that BeWorkHappy applies
in assessing this seniority.
At the analysis stage of a document different rules apply depending on whether the document is recognized as a resume or as
a job description.
We have 4 categories of seniority:
These rules apply for the analysis and the assessment of the document:
Default value is that all jobs are looking for a ‘Medior’ unless we find something to the contrary, eg: “Senior Software Developer”,
“We are looking for an intern …”, “Junior Plumber”
Default value is that all candidates are ‘Medior’, unless the analysis of the resume shows differently.
These rules apply:
• if higher management Senior
• if Intern Intern
• if < 3 years of working experience Junior
• if ≥ 3 years of working experience Senior
At the matching stage of the following rules apply in seniority matching:
• Intern matches with
• Junior matches with
• Medior matches with
• Senior matches with
• Someone looking for an internship will not match with a position for a Junior Bookkeper.
• The resume of a candidate currently holding a “Junior Software Developer” position will be matched with a job asking for a
“Software Developer” (= medior).